Thursday, July 17, 2008

dr. horrible's sing-along blog: act II


Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog: Act II
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog: Act II
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog: Act II

Prepare to be amazed. Whereas Act I was mostly set-up, Act II gives us more jokes, more character development, and more singing! Although I must admit, I don't care for Penny's repeating melody because it makes her feel like a weak character, but I know that the creative team is aiming for sweet and not weak. The opening song is killer (and NPH's voice is ridiculously hot), and it wasn't until the second time around that I noticed NPH is serving soup at the soup kitchen. He has a maniacal mustache. Ha! Did you know he has a PhD in horribleness?

Some non-singing hightlights:
"What a crazy random happenstance!" -- Dr. Horrible
"Sometimes there's a third even deeper level and that one is the same as the top surface level... like a pie." -- Dr. Horrible
"I meant Gandhi." -- Dr. Horrible
"You look horribly familiar." -- Capt. Hammer
"I'm going to take little Penny back to my place, show her the command center, the hammer cycle..." -- Capt. Hammer
"These [fists] are not the hammer." (comes back) "The hammer is my penis." -- Capt. Hammer
My favorite moment, of course, is the intercut of NPH wriggling his fingers during the last song. Those dance intercuts crack me up. I love that A) this is about the evil guy and not the hero, especially during this trend of superhero movies and that B) he keeps a blog about his evil-doing, and city officials and Captain Hammer watch the video blog and know about his future evil-doing. Dr. Horrible's ego is genius!

So, kids, remember to watch Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog: Act II!

No comments: