Monday, September 15, 2008

seven minutes of 'the day the earth stood still'


Oh, snap! Jon Hamm is in this movie. These seven minutes read like an extended trailer with longer scenes, but most of the scenes occur at the beginning of the movie, so instead of showing too much and turning me away, I'm actually more intrigued. I still don't think that this movie needed to be made, but I will make all sorts of justifications for science-fiction. I'm always game for movies that show how relying on technology is bad... "In this case, the less advanced civilization is us." Score one for aliens! And I don't care what anyone says. I like Keanu Reeves.

I just have one question: does the earth standing still have nothing to do with the sun's revolution anymore?

2 comments:

carrie said...

"And I don't care what anyone says. I like Keanu Reeves."

i was thinking the same thing!!

dying alone said...

People hate on him and it's just not fair. He's not a particularly good actor, but I enjoy watching him. I won't go out of my way to see a movie he's in, but if the film has a good story and he just happens to be in it, I'll watch it. It's not like he's Nic Cage, who I try to avoid like the plague.