Friday, October 24, 2008

blerg! season 3 premiere of 30 Rock


Here's a little show you may not have heard of before... it won Best Comedy Series and Best Actress and Actor in a Comedy Series, and it's quite possibly the successor to Arrested Development in the inside joke-within-a-joke category (Rock's blatant product placement parallels Arrested's blatant plea for ratings)... and, oh, everyone thinks it's the greatest thing since the discovery of DNA. (It's a new catchphrase I'm starting. We'll see if it catches on...) The good folks over at Hulu.com have brought us a sneak-peek of 30 Rock's Season 3 premiere, and it's everything you could hope for and so, so much more.

You know a show is brilliant when every single actor steals the show. (I think the character of Jenna is vastly underdeveloped, but everyone else is just so good.) I can't decide what's better -- Jack and Liz's near-kiss, or Cathy's signature of stickers? Or perhaps it's the closing line -- "I just like seeing you in there." Aww. Jack and Liz are my favorite non-couple TV couple.

Quotes from "Do-Over" (3.1)

Devon: The only thing Cathy and I need assistance with is deciding which John Mayer song to have 'do it' to.

Devon: You know what they say about rumors, Jack. They make a Ru out of Mor and S.

Devon: Keep your friends close and you're enemies... so close... that you're almost kissing.

Jack: (to Liz) Have you ever been harassed? Of course not. (on sleeping with the boss's daughter to get ahead) I mean, how far would I have to go to get my job back? Are we talking over-the-shirt, frontsies, backsies, or would I really have to give her my gift?

Jack: Don't dress for the job you have. Dress for the job you want.
Manny: So tomorrow I will show up to work dressed as a Mexican wrestler.

Devon: (on the company GE) We're just the G now. I sold the E to Samsung. They're Samesung now.

Kenneth the Page: I think adoption's wonderful. Three of my nine siblings were adopted... and one day, I'm going to find them.

Tracey: I want to thank everyone for making my video game the most profitable thing since the War on Terror!

Liz: It is imperative that you keep Banks down here until I get to Jack. Do you know what 'imperative' means?
Kenneth the Page: Tell me! Tell me!

Jack: Thank God I don't have your biological need for children. That would make success impossible.

Jack: This job is all I've ever wanted, and now it hinges on how far I'm willing to go with a woman in Dora the Explorer panties that were clearly made for an obese child.

Jack: We may not be the best people.
Liz: But we're not the worst.
Both: Graduate students are the worst.

No comments: