Tuesday, December 2, 2008

dear tracy jordan

I saw Synecdoche, New York over the weekend, and perhaps I will get around to reviewing it -- but I seriously would need to see it 2-3 more times to wrap my mind around everything -- but know, right now, that it's one of the most amazing films I've ever seen. I may be slightly biased because I am obsessed with simulacra and mortality, and this film is a combination of the two. At any rate, in the meantime... here is a short that NBC made called "Dear Tracy Jordan." I know that Tracy annoys a lot of viewers, but I think he's one of the funniest parts of 30 Rock. His character is so outlandish and ridiculous that I can't help but laugh. Case in point, check out his answer to the question, "If you were to invent your own Crayola crayon, what color would it be and what would you name it?" The way he reads the questions reminds me of Ask a Ninja, also very funny. Enjoy!

1 comment:

carrie said...

all the cool kids, peace! whats up!