Sunday, February 22, 2009

trailer: funny people

My commentaries on Friday night's Battlestar Galactica and Dollhouse episodes will be posted in the next two days, but in the meantime, here's a trailer for an Adam Sandler movie that -- GASP! -- actually looks good. (He's one of those people, like Tyler Perry or Ben Stiller, who I wish would stop making movies.) Funny People was written and directed by Judd Apatow, and of the plot he says, "I'm trying to make a very serious movie that is twice as funny as my other movies. Wish me luck!" It's about a comedian (Adam Sandler) who has a near-death experience and then lives his life as new and fresh from then after. Highlights of the trailer include Leslie Mann's gloriously awful impression of Eric Bana (sporting his natural accent) and the gut-busting line, "I like your movies -- the ones where you kill Bruce Willis." Hanz Gruber love!

No comments: