Monday, June 30, 2008

cultural confessions

1. I can't stand So You Think You Can Dance. It's just not interesting or entertaining. I prefer the set-up of Bravo's Step It Up and Dance, although I really don't think Jessie Spano has any right being the host.

2. I watch the Top 12 to the Top 4 on American Idol. Then I stop caring.

3. I hate reality shows. Except for the ones on Bravo and HGTV.

4. I really, honestly, seriously would vote for Jon Stewart for president.

5. I don't mind mixing genres, but I do mind mixing media (mediums?). Rappers and singers should stay out of movies, and vise versa. People just aren't special enough to do everything. (Of course, they may be some exceptions... Lyle Lovett was good in The Opposite of Sex...)

6. I sometimes clap when I'm laughing in the movies. It annoys me when other people do it, so this makes me a conscious hypocrite. (I tend to clap only when I agree with the statement being made. Otherwise I just laugh.)

7. I judge people's intelligence based on how they speak. Articulation, eloquence, vocabulary. It all counts.

8. I really don't like cooking shows. Chefs shouldn't be entertainers. And Rachel Ray quite annoys me.

9. I wear flip-flops 365 days of the year. I don't know what I'll do when I leave Florida.

10. Everyone should say "please" and "thank you." Even if they don't mean it. It's just a nice thing to do.

No comments: