Sunday, June 29, 2008

gondry's top 25 music videos


In Entertainment Weekly's "Best 1000 of Everything" list, Michel Gondry gave his personal favorite top 25 music videos of all time. I was going to find them online and post links to them, but I found that some other guy already did this! Sean at Filmjunk.com has the videos listed in order with links to youtube clips, and here is the original EW article.

Gondry, of course, was the director of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Science of Sleep (which he also wrote), Dave Chapelle's Block Party, and his latest was Be Kind Rewind. He's more known for his music videos, though, and I've included my favorites below: in order, Daft Punk's "Around the World" (my absolute fave), Chibo Matto's "Sugar Water" (a visual palindrome), and Kylie Minogue's "Come Into My World" (an existentialist manifestation of parallel worlds).





No comments: