Saturday, June 28, 2008

somerset film series


In London, Somerset House is once again hosting their film series. Two years ago, I was fortunate enough to see 2001: A Space Odyssey outside, under the stars. But now I'm sad that I won't get to see Singing in the Rain, which I think would be quite lovely in a sitting-on-the-cold-ground romatical sort of way. Here is the list of other titles in the Film4 series.


What movies do I think would be perfect for outside slightly-chilly weather? Well, other than the obvious 2001... definitely Vertigo and Lives of Others (which are both perfect for the occasion), and perhaps Amelie, Shaun of the Dead (Somerset did Hot Fuzz, I think), A Clockwork Orange (which can now be shown there again after a bit of controversy), and certainly a sing-along to Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Any film noir would also work, although it's not a genre I typically enjoy. Oh, and to add one more to the list: the original The Day the Earth Stood Still.

I know. A flawless bunch of films.

No comments: