Tuesday, July 15, 2008

dr. horrible's sing-along blog: act I now available


It's here! It's here! It's here!
It's here! It's here! It's here!
And it's so good!

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog: Act I
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog: Act I
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog: Act I

The teaser is truly inspired, and you can tell they had fun writing it. ("It's not about making money. It's about taking money. Destroying the status quo because the status... is not quo. The world is a mess and I just... need to... rule it.") It's a four-minute monologue without cuts. I like that Dr. Horrible wants to use the freeze ray (stops time) on a crush, and Neil Patrick Harris's faces at the camera are brilliant. I also enjoyed the laundromat scene because Dr. Horrible sings with his hands curled up in the sleeve -- Dr. Horrible is human! -- and the intercut of a shoulder shimmy during the song was particularly cute. Nathan Fillion sings like he talks, but I wasn't really expecting much from him. He's on key, at least. And he's pretty. I do wish there were more songs... but it's still an amazing thirteen-minute opening act! And I'm super excited about Act II, which premieres July 17th!

So, kids, remember to watch Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog: Act I!

No comments: